DRIVE WITH UBER
What's it all about?
If you are at least 21 years old and hold a full drivers licence then you can make some extra cash on the side or go full-time as an Uber Driver. This is the ultimate social side gig as you get to meet new and interesting people on every journey you make.
In order to drive with Uber, you'll need a private hire licence from a council that Uber is licensed by. If you don't have one, that's OK - they'll help you get started with a personalised Ignition info appointment where they offer advice and support after you sign up with them.
The vehicle you use to drive with Uber should be at least 2008 or newer. Make sure you check with your local Uber city team for other vehicle requirements. If you don't have a car right now, that's OK - Uber can provide you access to rental and finance options via their Vehicle Solutions programme.
You will need the following in order to apply to become an Uber Driver:
- National Insurance Number
- Electronic Counterpart Code (this can be sorted through the Uber website)
- Private Hire Paper licence (the original document, as well as supporting documentation if needed)
- Original UK Plastic Driving Licence
- Private Hire Insurance Certificate
- MOT that has been issued within the past 6 months